Positions available at this time.
Event Servers/Bartenders work at facilities including convention centers, restaurants, rented halls and country clubs. They provide fast and courteous service to diners. They differ from restaurant servers because they cater mostly to larger gatherings of people for celebrations and special events, such as Weddings.
Job Duties for Servers:
Event Servers must come to work ready to perform many tasks, including setup, serving meals and cleanup. Setting up involves moving tables and chairs and dressing tables with linens, dishes, silverware, glasses, plates, cups, napkins, condiments and centerpieces. An Event Server fills water glasses before guests arrive. He/she may also make or arrange decorations, such as signs or streamers, and assemble stages or dance floors. During events, an Event Server carries large, heavy trays from a kitchen and places the plates in front of diners. He/she works quickly and carefully so that meals remain hot. When an Event ends, the Event Server clears tables of dishes, glasses and eating utensils and carries them to the kitchen. He/she gathers table linens and napkins and may help remove decorations.
Job Duties for Bartenders:
Take orders from serving staff or directly from patrons. Check I.D. of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchasing or serving alcohol to persons under 21. Mix ingredients, such a liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Prepare appetizers such as, pickles, cheese, and cold meats. Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks. Serve food items to customers seated at the bar. Collect money for drinks purchased, if any. Clean bars, work areas, tables, glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a valid CA driver license.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for Servers and 21 years for Bartenders.
- Must be able to handle stress in a calm manner. Friendly, outgoing, energetic personalities are requested.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends.
- Must be neat, tidy, groomed that day.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have a good memory.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must have a good service attitude. (Service with a smile).
- Must be flexible.
- Straight Edge is a drug-free environment. We conduct random drug tests periodically.
To apply for this position,please fill out the form below,then follow the 4 easy steps for Application submission.
1. Download PDF Job Application
You can choose to use your own instead of downloading this one
*right click/save target as to download to your computer