No positions available at this time.
Delivery of a gracious experience to all guests while effectively employing selling techniques. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the consumer and trade guest experience and winery retail sales, includes weekend days.
- 1+ years experience with tasting room sales and customer service.
- Excellent people, organizational and customer services skills.
- Good knowledge of fine wines.
- Demonstrated ability for wine sales.
- Proficiency in Work and Excel a must. VinNow very desirable.
- Able to work independently and to multi-task.
- Available and willing to work weekends and occasional evenings.
- Unsurpassed attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Greet guests and offer information on tasting procedures and tours
- Perform table service of wine for winery visitors.
- Educate visitors about the wines, the winery and the appellation district.
- Present the benefits of membership, assist visitors in becoming members.
- Assist visitors in selecting wines for enjoyment at their table or in their home, inform them about shipping options to help facilitate their purchase.
- Bus tasting tables as necessary.
- Comply with all Alcohol Beverage Commission regulations for wine sales and service.
- Maintain stock of wine in appropriate areas. Maintain stock of gift items on shelves and in the storage closet.
- Perform daily accounting/inventory activities necessary for the Visitor’s Center as requested.
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the tasting room as requested.
- Maintain tasting area, service bar, kitchen area, audio/visual presentation room and conference room in a manner appropriate to the image of the winery
- Maintain restrooms; restock paper goods, tidy sink areas.
- Perform winery tours including daily public tours, group and special event tours.
- Operate DVD Presentation as necessary for tours.
- Participate in ongoing tour training programs.
- Assist with winery special events. Duties may include event set-up, event breakdown and clean up, food and beverage service, bussing, washing and polishing of glasses.
- Professional, conservative appearance and demeanor, even when tired, busy or presented with challenges.
- Availability to reliably work week-ends
- Ability to, stand and walk for extended periods of time on hard floors, occasionally climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, crouch, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 40lbs. such as a case of wine (may be aided).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Flexible schedules to include weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary.
- Ability and desire to serve.
- Ability and desire to close sales
- Ability to use computer programmed sales tools
- Previous winery experience
- Foreign language skills
- Demonstrated success in a direct sales environment
To apply for this position,please fill out the form below,then follow the 4 easy steps for Application submission.
1. Download PDF Job Application
You can choose to use your own instead of downloading this one
*right click/save target as to download to your computer